The summer heat has got me overflowing with popsicle ideas, people! I have been trying out lots of different flavors and a few different molds to find my favorite combinations. One of my recent favorites is this recipe for Creamsicles.
Orange Creamsicle is a classic summer flavor in my mind. My first taste of this pop took me right back to my favorite childhood memories (Orange Flintstone Push Ups, anyone?). These pops are smooth and creamy with just the right amount of orange flavor- a not-too-sweet treat that’s the perfect way to complete a summer meal.
You could also substitute other citrus flavors- blood orange, grapefruit, etc- for a tasty twist on the classic. Just make sure to invite me over, okay? I never met a Creamsicle I didn’t like.
Author: Oven Love
Recipe type: dessert
- 1 cup orange juice (fresh or frozen. you could also use orange juice concentrate for a stronger orange flavor)
- 1 cup heavy cream or full fat coconut milk (you could also substitute melted/very soft vanilla ice cream)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon orange extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients together.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds. Let set for 30-60 minutes, then add popsicle sticks. Freeze for another 4-6 hours or until frozen.
- When you’re ready to serve, run some warm water along your popsicle mold to loosen the popsicles and serve immediately.