Inside the Oven [No. 3]
Check out that sweet sibling hug! I love catching these little moments.
Let’s catch up, shall we?
- We’re throwing a Cinco de Mayo party this weekend! I can’t wait to cook up a Mexican feast and enjoy it with friends. Smoky pork tacos, guacamole, Mexican brownies, and make-ahead frozen margaritas are on the menu. YUM. (Check out my other Mexican recipes if you’re looking for some inspiration.)
- Potty training has begun! As you can see, we’re doing much better with #1. haha! Anyone have any tips to share? He is doing great when I take him to the potty, but he isn’t telling me on his own too often. It’s a start, though- a few steps closer to only having one baby in diapers!
- We bought a backyard pool this weekend because it’s been crazy hot! Maybe the little guy will learn how to swim this summer, maybe not.. but at least we have a way to stay cool during the long, hot summer.
- This little food market is my favorite recent Pin. Isn’t it the cutest?? It inspired me to get rid of all the hand-me-down plastic junk food we got with our play kitchen and upgrade to more real looking fruits and veggies. Wouldn’t it be great if the kids kept their playthings this organized?
- I did some experimenting with the spent grain from Nick’s latest homebrew this weekend. I created some spent grain pancakes and made some bread, too. The pancakes were yummy, but the bread left something to be desired- it was pretty heavy. I waited almost all day for it to rise and finally just threw it in the oven! I’m hoping to try these spent grain chocolate chip cookies next time.
That’s all for now. The babies are both napping so I’m going to try to do something productive for a change- it has been the week of zero progress around here. Hope you have a happy weekend!